Dhammagiri is a small Theravada Buddhist forest monastery associated with the tradition
of Ajahn Chah. It aims to transcend today's bewildering confusion of Buddhist gurus, dogmas and techniques by returning to the original teachings of the Buddha as found in the early parts of the Pali canon. LEARN MORE
To support those who wish to train themselves according to the instructions given by the Buddha, Dhammagiri provides:
1. Solitary meditation huts for a small number of resident monks.
2. Secluded accommodation for a few lay guests to experience monastic life temporarily on retreats.
3. Dhamma talks and guided meditations by experienced senior monks, including visits by some of the most outstanding meditation masters of our time.
4. Advice and spiritual guidance for lay visitors on how to apply the ageless wisdom of the Buddha to the challenges of daily life in the 21st century.
5. Daily opportunities to offer almsfood and requisites to the resident sangha, and to share merits with departed ones.
Located on 85 acres in a serene, natural environment amid forested hills adjoining D’Aguilar National Park, yet only 45 mins drive from Brisbane CBD, Dhammagiri Forest Hermitage provides us with ideal conditions to follow the Buddha’s advice.